It’s the weekend and you’re done work after a long week. After the dinner dishes have been cleared and the kids are in bed, plan to wrap a few gifts, put on your favourite music, and make yourself this very rejuvenating cocktail.
Tools you will need:
- Cocktail shaker
- Muddler or long spoon
- Highball or tall glass
- 2 ounces cucumber infused gin such as Hendrick’s
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2 to 3 mint leaves
- Cucumber and lemon slices for garnish
- Add mint leaves and lime juice into the shaker and muddle for 10 seconds. Fill with ice, add gin, simple syrup and shake for 30 seconds.
- In a highball or large glass add a few ice cubes, cucumber slices and pour cocktail into the glass. Add a lemon slice to garnish.
Makes 1 gimlet